Restaurant Review: The Olde Wayside Inn - West Union, OH

Yesterday - I took you through our anniversary weekend - but I wanted to focus a little more on our dinner at the Olde Wayside Inn - since I am all about the food! 

It's a historic little building right on the square in West Union and it still is an inn with a few rooms upstairs! 

Inside it's got a definite decor of olde - but I suppose with someplace that has this much history - it's to be expected. I didn't love the decor but I was there to eat the food - not the chairs.

Here's the history of the Inn and if you're a history buff at all - it's going to make you want to visit that much more!

We started off with jalapeno poppers and a raspberry dip. My husband has never ordered these before - but we went for it! I loved them - they were zippy but not really spicy - and super hot (temperature). I really enjoyed the raspberry sauce but my husband liked them plain.

We sort of could hear from the kitchen a bit and apparently it's under new ownership and has a new chef - so far so good.

Larry and I each ordered the Surf & Turf special of a ribeye with grilled shrimp, baked potato and grilled asparagus. The baked potato was delicious and I devoured it. The asparagus was also great - my husband isn't a big fan but it was there and he killed it. The chef likes garlic - a lot - just fyi - if you're adverse - but I'm not so I was good with it.

We both got our ribeyes medium rare (of course) and were looking forward to the steak. The shrimp were grilled perfectly and again - garlic-filled!

The steak was cooked perfectly as were the shrimp and we loved it! The ribeye was a bit fatty - but that's what ribeye is (as opposed to NY Strip).

All in all we really enjoyed our dinner - the service was great - very attentive and friendly. The food all tasted great (there were rolls too) - and we were full and happy. I would definitely recommend the Olde Wayside Inn and they serve breakfast and lunch - which I'm sure are also great!

Here's a historical plaque from out front - if you want more of the story.

Why Should You Go? There's really not much for restaurants in Adams County - so if you want a real sit down dinner - this is one of the few spots for you to go. And - it's just a block from Blake's Pharmacy!

Olde Wayside Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments

Post a Comment