Recipe: eMeals.com Turkey Cheese Puffs

I'm a big fan of eMeals.com - they are quick and easy - you can access them from your phone and even make a grocery list from their app. It's made meal-planning for a very busy Hussy a lot easier! Out of 7 dinner recipes - I usually find 3-4 that I am interested in making - which works out about right for our schedule.

This week I found one for Turkey & Cream Cheese Puffs on eMeals.com. It was easy enough to make and sounded like something my husband would actually eat! Always a bonus.

You start out by browning ground turkey, while that's browning - mix together cream cheese, butter, milk and buffalo sauce. I went light on the buffalo purposely because we're not big on spicy spicy.

Then you stir the two together - I tried to split this recipe in half but then it didn't make sense to have half a pound of ground turkey to use up in something else.

That said - I didn't buy enough crescent dough. I did try these sheets instead of the normal triangles. They worked fine and it was easier than trying to mush those triangles together. I also think I'd cut it the other way with a plus sign in the middle rather than panels.

Next up just add a bit of the mixture on your crescent dough. I added a little cheese - cuz - well - that's what I do. :-) You can't put a lot of the meat mixture in the dough - but it just allows you to make more puffs (if you have the dough - darnit!).

As recommended I used a little water to help them seal - not really sure it did any good - but I did it anyway.

I'm also baking these on this nifty glazed baking stone from Emile Henry - I give it a light spritz and it's good to go. It can even go on the grill! Pretty sweet.

The last step is to brush a beaten egg on top of the puffs. As my husband is allergic, I only brushed it on half of them (front one). It's really just an appearance difference - it didn't change the taste at all.

This eMeals.com recipe was a HUGE success with my husband as he ate both of them and asked for more!

If you're not familiar with eMeals.com - it's a meal planning service that you can buy a subscription for (3, 6 or 9 months). It's really affordable and you can choose how many meals/day you want as well as choose the meal plan type (Paleo, Low-Fat, Classic) and choose the size (1-2 or Family). Some of the meal plans also ladder up to grocery stores and their sales. Right now there's a Groupon offering a 12-month plan for $29 (50% off). 


Turkey Cheese Puffs

Ingredients

* 8 oz cream cheese softened
* 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
* 4 Tablespoons milk
* 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
* 3 cups cooked ground turkey
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cans crescent roll sheet (not triangles)
* 2 medium eggs, beaten

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Beat cream cheese & butter until smooth
3. Add milk and hot sauce
4. Stir in turkey and pepper
5. Unroll crescent dough and cut into rectangles
6. Spoon 1/2 cup turkey mixture in the center of each rectangle
7. Moisten edges of rectangle with water
8. Bring four corners to the center of the filling & pinch edges to seal
9. Brush with egg and place on baking sheet
10. Bake for 25 minutes



Disclosure: Baking stone provided by Emile Henry. Here's a video with more info about it:


No comments

Post a Comment