Restaurant Review: Bar Louie: Revisited

A couple of months ago - I headed over bridge for lunch one day to Newport on the Levee and went to Bar Louie. Unfortunately - I didn't love it. But the social media friendly manager reached out to me and wanted me to come back to give it another shot. 

They're big on tots at Bar Louie - so much so they recently broke the World Record for most tater tots eaten simultaneously!

My friend Lauren came with me and tried their Turkey, Ham and Brie with a plethora of tots on the side. The tots were great - the sandwich was meh - the bottom piece of bread was soggy and the top was a bit hard. It was a large sandwich and you definitely don't leave hungry.

I took a cue from my coworkers last trip and tried the Fried Louie - bacon, cheddar and a fried egg along with a side of loaded tots. This just looks a lot better than last time. Lauren was extremely jealous about my loaded tots - the cheese sauce was made with REAL cheese rather than that thick gloppy "nacho" sauce you see many times. It was also loaded with bacon, jalapenos and carrots (???). These were delicious - she stole a few and agreed.

Then there's the burger - holy mackerel. Clinically I have a small mouth (yes - nobody believes me - but dentists will verify it) - so a burger this ginormous isn't easy to eat. That said - I made my way through it. It's a GIANT burger so when you combine it with that big a** bowl of tots - it's a lot of food. Good stuff though - this was a much better burger than I had the last time.

Why Should You Go? Last time - I said don't bother. That said, this time was a lot better. I say try it for yourself - especially because tonight (Wednesday) is $1 burgers from 5pm to Close. Hell yeah - it's even better for a buck! If beer is more your speed - they have $1 beer on Tuesday.

Bar Louie on Urbanspoon








No comments

Post a Comment