eMeals Honey Lime Chicken and Roasted Potato Greek Salad

I am loving my eMeals.com subscription! It's an online meal planning service - you choose a plan that fits your life (healthy, paleo, classic, etc...) and then you get a weeks worth of recipes every Sunday. Right now I'm on the Kroger Classic Family Plan. There were a couple of great ones this week including Honey Lime Chicken with a Greek Roasted Potato Salad.

First up - the chicken! I put this together before work so it had all day to marinate. Mix lime juice, oil, honey, thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper whisk together.

Pop it in a ziploc bag and you're ready! I took three chicken breasts and cut them each into two pieces and plopped them into the bag. I put that in the fridge for the day.


Then when I got home I was able to heat up my grill pan and go! The honey really helped the chicken brown beautifully.

The tanginess of the lime juice was pretty pungent - so if you don't like lime juice - then you might want to cut that back a little. The chicken was juicy and really good.  I have the recipe at the end of this post.



The other nice thing about eMeals.com is that they always provide easy side dishes as well. That's one of the biggest problems for me - I can find entrees to make - but then forget about vegetables! This one had a Greek Potato Salad that was calling my name!


Pop the Kroger roasted red potatoes into the oven to bake while you're chopping and mixing the rest of the salad.


Then, chop up cucumber, tomatoes and kalamata olives...

Then mix with crumbled feta and greek dressing.

Once the potatoes are done - stir them into the mixture and serve with your chicken! The recipe can be chilled or served warm.

The original recipe also called for edamame but I ate too much edamame a few years ago and can't touch the stuff now. That said - I didn't miss it - this is a really hearty salad. We had leftovers of this as well and I took them for lunch to work - it was great chilled as well.

I think I liked the salad a little more than the chicken - but by adjusting the chicken marinade to increase the honey and decrease the lime would probably do the trick for my tastebuds. These were both really simple and that is what's necessary for me on a week night!

Portions listed below serve 2-4

Honey-Lime Chicken

Ingredients:

1 pound chicken breasts cut in half
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup oil
3 Tablespoons honey
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions:

1. Place chicken in a large ziploc bag
2. Whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, thyme, rosemary, garlic and apper
3. Pour marinade over chicken , seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
4. Remove chicken from marinade and discard
5. Grill over coals or cook on grill pan

Greek Roasted Potato Salad

Ingredients:

1/2 of 24 oz bag frozen roasted red potatoes
1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
4 oz crumbled feta
2 oz kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 cup Greek salad dressing

Instructions:

1. Bake potatoes according to package directions
2. Toss together cucumber, tomato, onion, feta and olives in a large bowl
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss
4. When the potatoes are ready, add to the mixture and toss
5. Serve warm or refrigerated









No comments

Post a Comment