Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Casserole

I'm very active on Pinterest - it's really the easiest place to find recipes! Especially if you have something in your cupboard but don't know what to do with it - or if there's something you're craving. I was wanting something with buffalo sauce and sure enough - found it! Buffalo Chicken Casserole!

The ingredients are pretty basic and probably in your cupboard now: cheese, buffalo sauce, cream of chicken soup, chicken soup, onion, garlic, celery, macaroni and chicken (I went with canned to save time).

It's not too difficult - it's basically - dump, stir, bake. Always nice when it's easy too!

I could tell the original recipe was large (13x9 pan) - I cut the recipe in half so that Larry and I wouldn't be eating this casserole for 6 months. The original recipe called for the noodles to be uncooked and that they would cook in the baking. I tried it that way but do not like the texture of the noodles - they never seem to get done. To compensate - I recommend cooking the noodles and cutting the chicken broth down a bit.

I really thought I would love this - it seemed like sheer perfection in a recipe to me - and it was easy to boot! I think I got really hung up on the noodle texture and the store was out of Frank's (my typical buffalo sauce). I am looking forward to trying this again with pre-cooked noodles.


Buffalo Chicken Casserole (adapted from Savory, Sweet & Satisfying)

Ingredients:
2 cans chicken breast meat (or you can cook & shred 1 pound of chicken breast)
1 cups elbow macaroni (cooked)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
6 oz shredded cheddar
1/4 cup Buffalo sauce (Frank's or whatever you prefer)
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 clove minced garlic

Directions:
In a large bowl - combine all ingredients. Pour into an 8x8 greased baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.

* If you use uncooked noodles, add more chicken broth and increase your cooking time to 50 minutes (per the original recipe).






No comments

Post a Comment